The chapel inside IASO Thessaly’s building is named after Saint Luke the Physician.
In 1921 he was ordained priest and later (1923) Bishop of Tashkent. Since then, he would combine pastoral and priestly duties. He was Chief of the General Hospital of Tashkent, and he would operate daily and deliver lectures to the School of Medicine, always in his robe and wearing his cross. From 1922 until his last breath, he was arrested, tortured, exiled, and experienced great hardship. He was imprisoned and sent into exile for eleven years. Throughout this time, he practiced medicine by helping those in need.