The Department of Urology at IASO Thessaly is a modern and well-equipped Department that covers a wide range of urology conditions and diseases. Experienced urological surgeons, assisted by ultra-modern equipment, perform endoscopic and open surgical procedures, with a particular focus on Minimally Invasive Surgery (MIS). The main areas concern:
- Urinary incontinence: it affects both men and women. In female patients, suburethral tapes are applied. In male patients, artificial sphincters and tapes are applied.
- Neurourology – Urodynamics: the field approaches both diagnostically and therapeutically voiding disorders caused by neurological conditions, such as multiple sclerosis, spinal cord injuries, etc. The diligent urodynamic evaluation contributes effectively in the delivery of accurate diagnosis and applicable treatment of the above conditions.
- Gynecological Urology: for the treatment of vesicovaginal and ureterovaginal fistulae, as well as proptosis cases, such as cystocele, rectocele.
- Benign Prostatic Hyperplasia: with the assistance of the most modern medical equipment in the field of transurethral prostatectomy, urological surgeons ensure the most applicable procedure for each patient. The choice of method of intervention refers to either the classical open method or the endoscopic bipolar transurethral method –PLASMA method.
- Urinary lithiasis: this field deals with the treatment, not via open surgery, of urinary tract stones, using specialized, modern endourological techniques. The Department performs intracorporeal lithotripsy to eliminate stones in the bladder and ureter.
- Andrology: All sufferers are carefully and effectively managed for the restoration of any erectile dysfunction and infertility problems.
- Urological Urology: Using cutting-edge equipment, all cases of prostatic, bladder, testicular, and renal cancer are surgically treated.