IASO Thessaly has established a Department of Pulmonology that falls within the Internal Medicine Sector.
The Department of Pulmonology features:
- A Pulmonary Function Testing Laboratory, the equipment of which allows for investigation and clinical assessment:
- Obstructive lung diseases treatment
- Restrictive lung diseases treatment
In order to investigate the above lung diseases, it is possible to measure dynamic (FEV1, FVC, FEF 25%-75%) and static (TLC, RV, FRC) tumors.
- Bronchology lab, which carries out bronchoscopies and obtainment of:
- endobronchial biopsies.
- transbronchial biopsies
- bronchial washing
- bronchial brushing
- bronchoalveolar lavage (BAL)
- Regular Outpatient Clinic for:
- Clinical monitoring of patients with chronic respiratory diseases
- Intra-hospital support.