The Department of Physical and Rehabilitation Medicine at IASO Thessaly provides standard and specialized rehabilitation services at home; an integrated medical service in the most modern private hospital in the country, offering patients the advantage of holistic approach, without the stress of having to move or be transferred.
The first rehabilitation services provided shall be mainly oriented to the acute rehabilitation phase in inpatients suffering from:
- Orthopedic surgeries, such as total hip arthroplasty, total knee arthroplasty, etc, aimed at managing acute post-operative pain and achieving immediate mobilization
- Gynecological and obstetric procedures, such as surgery/C-section, for pain management purposes, speeding up surgical wound healing
- Cardiac surgery procedures, aimed at strengthening cardiopulmonary function
- Oncological diseases, with a view to manage treatment complications (radiation-induced dermatitis, lymphedema) and improve Quality of Life.
In addition, two more pioneering special Divisions will be run:
- The Division of pelvic restoration aimed at managing pain in the perinatal area and strengthening loose pelvic floor.
- The Division of wound healing and diabetic foot, aimed at speeding up surgical wound healing, bedsores, diabetic ulcers.
Two new outpatient clinics are also planned to operate:
- Physical and Rehabilitation Medicine Clinic, for the provision of thorough physical examination by physiatrists, advice on required imaging tests, and functional assessment, aimed at managing pain and maximizing functionality in patients suffering from injuries and conditions in their muscles, bones, joints, and nerves.
- Spasticity Management Clinic, aimed at managing spasticity with injections of botulinum toxin (BOTOX) under electromyographic guidance in patients suffering from stroke, traumatic brain injuries, multiple sclerosis, cerebral palsy, cervical dystonia.