The activities of the Department of Gastroenterology in our Clinic cover the widest range of modern Gastroenterology and Interventional Endoscopy. More specifically, the individual activities - Departments are:
- Regular gastroenterology clinic.
- Endoscopy lab: diagnostic and interventional endoscopies in the upper and lower GI tract
- ERCP (Endoscopic Retrograde CholangioPancreatography).
Upper GI tract diagnostic endoscopy (gastroscopy and duodenoscopy).
Lower GI tract diagnostic endoscopy (colonoscopy and orthosigmoidoscopy).
Upper and lower GI tract interventional endoscopy:
- Dilation of esophageal-stomach-intestinal stenoses, either with boogies or balloons.
- Placement of stents in esophageal-duodenal-colon stenoses. Also, we perform emergency stenting in cases of ileum (pre-operatively, to bridge to surgery: morbidity reduction – long hospital stay-reduction – enterectomy and end-to-end anastomosis at the same time)
- Endoscopic treatment of esophageal achalasia
- Foreign body retrieval from the upper and lower GI tract
- Esophageal banding: chronic treatment and prevention
- Mucosectomy of neoplasms and precancerous conditions
- Upper and lower GI tract polyps resection.
- Diagnostic and Magnetic Retrograde CholangioPancreatography (MRCP)
- Interventional ERCP (sphincterotomy – stone removal – lithotripsy – placement of self-expanding plastic and metal stents – drainage tube placement).