The Department of Cardiology is staffed by experienced Cardiologists who provide their services 24 hours a day, with the assistance of high-resolution machines for a reliable and faster diagnostic and therapeutic outcome. The activities of the Department include:
- Cardiology consultation at the regular Outpatient Department of Cardiology and the Emergency Department.
- Monitoring and treating patients in wards.
- Performance of bloodless diagnostic tests, such as:
- Echocardiography – heart and thoracic aorta triplex.
- Treadmill stress test
- 24-hour Holter with the capability of recording for 7 days (arrhythmia monitoring)
- Blood pressure Holter (24-hour recording of blood pressure)
- Myocardial perfusion imaging and radioisotope ventriculography at the Department of Nuclear Medicine.